What is a Virtual Chief Information Officer
A chief information officer (CIO) is the company executive responsible for the management, implementation, and usability of information and computer technologies. Because technology is increasing and reshaping industries globally, the role of the CIO has increased in popularity and importance.
Virtual Chief Information Officer Role
- Planning - Align organisation’s goals and IT strategy
- Information Plan – Map information objectives to technology and business goals
- Business Continuity Planning- Review and manage internal and external threats.
- Service Level Agreement (SLA) - Review SLA using standards from to expectations and performance.
- IT Budget Development and Management – Review current and future needs of your organisation.
- IT Staff Performance Management - Focus on project and planning delivery.
- IT Policy Development - Review governance mechanisms, application and reporting.
- IT Vendor Sourcing and Management - Providing a holistic approach to vendor sourcing, selection and management
Need for Virtual Chief Information Officer
Many small and medium-sized businesses can pay up to 40% more per person for IT services.
The impact of not getting your IT right include:
- Missed growth opportunities,
- Paying too much for service and loss of profit
- Lack of business flexibility to beat market needs
- Risk of data loss
- Lack of competitive edge
- Even loss of revenue and market share.